How to get there:
The most direct route from Nairobi is through Nyaruhuru and Rumuruti. The route is approx 350 km and takes up to 5 – 6 hrs. depending on the condition of the road. The road between Rumuriti and Maralal is currently being tarmacked.
Another popular route is through Nanyuki – Isiolo – Wamba (approx 480km). This route allows you to visit Mount Kenya and the Samburu Park on the way. The route is especially scenic. http://www.distancesfrom.com/ke/map-from-Nairobi-to-Maralal-Kenya-via-Isiolo/MapHistory/17957214.aspx
A third route is through Lake Baringo (440km). http://www.distancesfrom.com/ke/map-from-Nairobi-to-Maralal-Kenya-via-Isiolo/MapHistory/17957214.aspx?IsHistory=1&GMapHistoryID=17957214.
Aircharters can be arranged to Maralal and Ngari Hill nearest airstrip at Kisima (20km distance). Ngari Hill offers charters to Kisima Airstrip through Simpson Safaris at very reasonable rates (Max 3 PAX/flight). Pick up’s can be arranged from Jomo Kenyata, Nairobi Wilson or any airstrip within Kenya. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a quotation.
Directions to our premises: Arriving from Rumuruti/Kisima you arrive in Maralal town. After hitting the tarmac take a right and follow the signs ‘Ngari Hill’written on natural stone signs.
Directions to our premises: Arriving from Rumuruti/Kisima:
- When approaching Maralal take a right at a first roundabout just after the police HQ
- Follow the road into town and go straight at second roundabout
- Then take a right turn at the third roundabout
- At the next roundabout go straight (this road takes you out of town towards Kirisia Forest)
- Go past the technical school and a large ‘metal type’ grain store of the NCBP (from this point the road may become very slippery during rainy conditions)
- At your right hand side you see ‘Ngari Hill’ with our thatched buildings on top of the hill
- Take a right turn (after some houses along the road) and start climbing the hill, driving slowly
- Once on top of the hill, take a turn to the right until you have reached the guesthouse / campsite
GPS Coordinates leading to Ngari Hill
|01 05 46.50||36 43 01.49|
|01 05 46.09||36 43 12.88|
|01 05 29.24||36 43 23.01|
|01 05 10.39||36 43 25.00|
|01 05 17.97||36 43 15.50|
|01 05 23.07||36 43 10.78|